On Tuesday 16 November 2010 22:26:28 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 2010-11-16 22:24, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
> > Apparently, though unproven, at 23:12 on Tuesday 16 November 2010, Mick
> > did
> >
> > opine thusly:
> >> Excellent, it worked!  :-)
> >
> > Glad to hear it.
> >
> > I could help because part of my job is running a rather big public ftp
> > mirror that management graciously pay for. And I went down this rsync
> > road a long time ago myself.
> >
> > You have no idea how many brain cells died in agony to figure out this
> > specific piece of rsync behaviour :-)
>
> ;-)
>
> I would like to know if my suggestion also works ;-)
>
> Yeah, include/exclude-patterns are rather hard to figure out sometimes
> ... nearly like regexes -> write once, read never ....

Ha, ha!  True!

Stefan, I tried escaping the spaces (even tried \\ double and \\\ triple
escapes in case it makes a difference because of using ssh) but still did not
work.  In my head I couldn't see how the full path would not work, but the
relative path would, but I tried it out all the same.

I still don't understand why Alan's recommendation works   ;-)
--
Regards,
Mick