Em 25-11-2010 19:14, walt escreveu:
> On 11/25/2010 06:55 AM, Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
>> i try to compile some "nice" software like chromium, pyside or
>> openoffice my
> > system "freeze". I can't do anything like use keyboard, mouse or
> switch betwenn
> > windows. How can i find the motive to this strange (???)
>
> Does the freeze always happen in the same place while compiling those
> packages?
>
> If not, I would suspect hardware problems, e.g. overheating due to
> poor ventilation
> of the CPU, or memory chips that are going bad.
>
> When I have random malfunctions like you describe, I open the computer
> case and spray
> the dust off of everything using compressed air.  If that doesn't fix
> the problem I
> run memtest86 overnight to find failing memory chips.
>
> One of those two steps usually fixes the problem for me.
>
> Also, you could rule out bugs in the nvidia driver by trying to
> compile chromium
> or openoffice from a console terminal (i.e. while X is not running).

I run the compilation without X, and try to acces over ssh. I can enter
in machine, but so slowly.

The system become unresponsive. If I stay the compilation process end, i
can use the system again.

Normally, i've compiled this sources into the night, when off from work.

This machine are new and of course i've tested and don't think that a
hardware problem. But i'll check this more deeper.

Att