On Sunday 28 November 2010 21:16:57 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Apparently, though unproven, at 19:54 on Sunday 28 November 2010, Mick did
> opine thusly:

> > This weekend I removed efl and added the enlightenment overlay. Then
> > checked that the following packages were keyworded as -9999, which were
> > (re)installed without any problems:[1]
> >
> > dev-libs/ecore
> > dev-libs/e_dbus
> > dev-libs/eet
> > dev-libs/eina
> > dev-libs/embryo
> > dev-libs/efreet
> > media-libs/edje
> > media-libs/ethumb
> > media-libs/evas
> > x11-wm/enlightenment
> > media-libs/emotion
> > dev-libs/eeze
>
> I did the same, it seems to work well, including the nice surprise of being
> able to use composite with an OpenGL backend, *and* to be able to configure
> windows so they don;t bounce all over the place when getting focus

This is interesting, because I came across two problems with composite:

OpenGL caused a complete crash of e17.  I had to remove ~/.e from a console to
be able to launch it again.

Enabling composite with software worked nicely, *but*:

a) I couldn't switch it off ever again.

and

b) Refreshing the desktop became sluggish (as in gkrellms would regularly
'freeze' and not update).

So I decided to switch it off until I try KMS with my ATI video card in case
it copes better with it.

Glad you got it working - please let us know of any gotchas in the future -
you're bound to come across these before some of us do.  :-)
--
Regards,
Mick