Howdy,

I'm going to get myself an HD video camera, that
works well with open source software on Gentoo.
Problem is (head scratching), I recall when I went
through this some years ago I had lots of problems
making a decision that worked with linux. I ended up with a 
Sony DCR-SR42. It works and the disk is mounted
via the usb port. I can cd into the /dev/disk/<sony>
mount point and used scp to remotely copy
the mpg files and jpg photos to any system
on the network. That to me is minimal functionality.


Surely somebody has a HD video camera that works
extra cool with Gentoo and gives a variety of video output
formats, like h.264; or the video output can be
easily converted to h.264 and other formats?


Surely, there is an easy method (software app) to just
burn a dvd from the contents of the video camera directly
with (gentoo) linux; just like I can do, from the old
sony(XP)  software that came with the camera?


Any recommendations are most welcome. I mostly record 
fast moving sports, like basketball, football and 
water skiing, so the 'debouncing technologies'  or
motion compensation if you like, are also of keen 
interest to me.


James


Reply via email to