Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [10-12-12 11:32]:
> meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> >Hi Andrea, Hi Dale,
> >
> >Before I post my question I did, what you have suggested, Andrea.
> >Sensors-detect reports the it87 chip to be included as module/in the
> >kernel, which I did -- but the driver does not produces any output
> >
> >AMD k10 was already in and reports everything -- only the fan stuff
> >was missing, which (normall) the ITE (it87) chip is used for.
> >
> >The version of lm_sensors, which is in portage reports here "driver to
> >be written" but the svn-version of lm_sensors seems to support it. I
> >installed that svn-version locally but I cant read from the ITE
> >chip.
> >Still only voltages and temperatures.
> >GKrellm (normally I use conky) also detects no fans.
> >
> >@Dale:
> >Do you have exactly the same board (ASUS Crosshair IV formula) as I,
> >or?
> >
> >I tried to include "everything" into the kernel but unfortunately the
> >results are the same: No fans and the it87 driver seems not to work
> >for me...
> >
> >Any other ideas?
> >
> >Best regards and have a nive sunday!
> >mcc
> >

> I have a Gigabyte mobo here.  There are two places that you have to
> enable all the sensors tho.  As was posted a bit ago, one is I2C
> Support and one is Hardware Monitoring Support both of which are under
> Device Drivers.  Is it possible that you left one out?
>
> If you built all the drivers in and it didn't work, then you may have
> to wait on a newer kernel.  If you are running a stable kernel, you may
> want to try a unstable one since they are newer and may have the
> updated drivers.  I'm using 2.6.36 gentoo-sources here.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Hi Dale,

I enabled CONFIG_HWMON=y and CONFIG_I2C=y, I also see temperatures
and voltages (I still a little confused by what ASUS states of
the CPU-dye temperature of not being a physical temperature but one
of "arbitrary scale"...but this another field to explore...).

My kernel is a 2.36.6.2 vanilla...I didn't found any newer ;) ;) ;)

Seems I am lost ?!?

Best regards,
mcc