On 30 November 2010 11:11, Peter Humphrey <pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Monday 29 November 2010 18:20:56 Mick wrote:
>
>> Will wait for 2.6.36 series to see if this old PIII will work.
>
> I'm running 2.6.36-r3 at the moment. You only have to add a keyword to
> gentoo-sources.

Just compiled gentoo-2.6.36-r5.

Unfortunately, I'm no closer to getting running kernel!  :-(
=====================================
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI4
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI6

ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI4
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI6
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI3
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI7
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI13
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI8
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI1
ERROR:  Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI12

kernel oanic -not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)
Pid: 1, comm: swapper Not taineted 2.6.36-gentoo-r5
Call trace:

<snip...> (some trace messages which contain):

          panic
          mount_block_root
          kernel_init
          prepare_namespace