On 12/30/2010 02:44 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 2010-12-30 18:54, schrieb Bill Longman:
>> On 12/30/2010 12:59 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>> Bill, just for a check, does it scale correctly if you boot from a live-cd?
>>
>> Well, if I change the BIOS to turn off SpeedStep, it goes to 2.67
>> GHz.....works great!
>
> good to hear. So it is solved?

LOL! Well, if by "solved" you mean that I am able to use the full power
of my CPU, then, yes, it is solved. However, it is now completely
incapable of having its CPU controlled for power, so once I go on
batteries, I have about an hour and a half....so in that sense, no, it's
not solved. No, it's not solved. I am going to burn an ISO and boot one
of those "other" distros that shall remain nameless and see if there is
something strange with my Gentoo kernel madness or whether it's this
machine.