Hi,

I'm planning to build a rig like mine for my brother before to long. I know there are lots of opinions on the net but want some personal experience information on this. My brother does not have a UPS. I may can talk him into getting one but not sure. What is a good file system that recovers well from a improper shutdown? I use ext2, ext3 and reiserfs here but never had a power problem, except when hal broke my stuff. I know XFS is not good for this already from my own personal experience.

Does anyone here have any personal experience on this? Just a 'I use this and had a power failure and it powered up fine with no data loss' would be nice. If this happened a lot and still worked, that would be even better.

I'm not looking to start a turf war. This will be a plain old desktop so it doesn't need a fancy file system, just one that recovers from a power failure.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)