On 9 January 2011 01:18, Daniel D Jones <ddjo...@riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 08, 2011 17:36:48 Mick wrote:

>> However, I can't emerge some packages from it like gcc or subversion ...
>
> Looks to me like this is your issue:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
>                 from conftest.c:10:
> /usr/include/features.h:347:25: error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
>
> Do you have /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h on your system?  If the file isn't there,
> I'd copy it over and verify that all the other files which should be there are
> present.
>
> If the file is there, then gcc likely isn't looking in the right location for
> include files.  I'm not sure off the top of my head where that's configured on
> Gentoo.  On my system, there's no environmental variables set, so it's
> probably done by some other means.  I'm sure that if that's your issue,
> someone here will chime in with the information.

Yes, you're right!

# ls -la /usr/include/sys/
total 40
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root    48 Nov 13 09:28 .
drwxr-xr-x 320 root root 40712 Jan  8 20:30 ..

Why is this empty?!!

Something to do with tar breakage?  I tried this with different
options, the last one being tar xvf (just in case the half broken tar
sparse files option is not fixed yet) and still these files are
missing ...  O_O

Why wouldn't these files have transferred over?  What else might be
missing?  Very confused ...
--
Regards,
Mick