On Monday 17 January 2011 18:30:02 Mick wrote:
> On 16 January 2011 22:30, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > Then, try deleting your xorg.conf (if you have one) and do:
> >
> >  eselect mesa set r300 gallium
> >
> > Also make sure that mesa is emerged with the "video_cards_r300" USE flag
> > enabled.  "video_cards_radeon" is *not* enough.  Your make.conf should
> > probably contain this:
> >
> >  VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev vesa radeon r300"
>
> Hmm ... unless this USE flag shows up in later versions or overlays,
> only radeon is available for mesa-7.9
>
> # emerge -1aDv mesa

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R   ] media-libs/mesa-7.9  USE="classic gallium nptl -debug
> -gles -llvm -motif -pic (-selinux)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon -intel -mach64
> -mga -nouveau -r128 -savage -sis -tdfx -via -vmware" 0 kB

Agree with Mick. I also did not find r300 USE flag. But see my previous answer,
the issue seems to be solved now (mainly by removing framebuffer drivers from
the kernel config).
The correct (gallium) driver is built and used when mesa-7.9 is compiled with
+radeon +gallium USE flags.

Best regards,
Dan T.