On 20:12 Sat 29 Jan     , BRM wrote:
> A little while back my server ran out of hard disk space (due to a failed
> hard
> drive) and as a result my local portage mirror got destroyed.
> Well, I fixed there server - initially by just grabbing a new copy of portage
> like a new install since it was just completely hosed, and the server is back
> up
> and working. However, now my desktop and laptop are both having problems.
> They
> sync just fine against the server, but I get a series of errors about not
> having
> various ebuilds in the manifest files - so many that I can't emerge anything
> (even portage).

I believe you will already have checked this, but anyways:

I once upon a time experienced a similar issue, which was caused by the fact
that for some reason, I was only syncing new / modfied files from the source to
my local portage tree, and not deleting no longer existent (on the source)
files from the local tree. This resulted in emerge complaining about various
ebuilds not being found.

I was kind of shocked at first, then found my error, and on "properly"
(including deletes) syncing with my portage source everything immediately
started working fine again on the local (destination) machine.

But again, I believe it's highly unprobable that this is your problem, because
if you synced "correctly" before your server had to be re-setup, I would
believe that you're doing it correctly now as well, at least I can't see what
should have changed concering the sync due to the act of replacing the server...

Greetings,
Nils

--
Nils Holland * Ti Systems, Wunsorf-Luthe (Germany)