Hello,

I have nptl and nptlonly set in my make.conf file.
I thought that was the best setting for threading.

Now, I want to install the Chromium web browser.
It is asking me to the set the +threads flag for ffmpeg,
before www-client/chromium can be installed. OK
no problem on a per package basis.

But, this has made me think. Is setting nptl and
nptl globally (in make.conf) the best idea?

Should the threads flag also be set globally, or just
on a per package basis? Maybe nptl and threads
and not set nptlonly?

I thought nptl and nptl was the end of the
requirements, but running this command:

euse -i threads
Here is a curious response; ffmpeg does not get
listed (as it is not built with the threads flag)?

euse -I threads

I see lots of packages where the flag "threads"
is being used including ffmpeg.

Some discussion and guidance as to how best
to set the flags [nptl, nptlonly and threads]
(any others related to threading) would be
appreciated.

James