Mick writes:

> On Sunday 20 February 2011 14:20:56 cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> Oh I see.  You've upgraded xorg, but not your kernel ... ?
>
> If this is the case, then downgrade xorg-server back to 1.7 version.

X.org 1.7 has been masked, and will be removed from the portage tree in
four weeks. Sure, you can keep the ebuilds in the local overlay, but I
fear this will lead to trouble eventually.

I will do this for a while, too, but one day I will have to deal with
it. This X stuff is really giving me great trouble. Or maybe I will just
give up and get another graphics card, my on-board Radeon HD3200 does
not seem to be supported well. But then, I am having trouble with X
since I am using Linux, there were only few, short periods of time when
X just worked.

        Wonko