On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:28:12 -0600, Dale wrote:

> What is KDE and qt doing in there?  Did I add these somehow?  I'm using
> the KDE profile is that where it came from.  I just think this is sort
> of weird.

The KDE profile sets the kde USE flag - see
$PORTDIR/profiles/targets/desktop/kde/make.defaults.

However, emerge -p system doesn't pull in any KDE packages here, although
it does include qt, so this must be covered by another of your USE flags,
which requires something that in turn requires KDE. Run it again with
--tree to see what's really going on.

--
Neil Bothwick

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.