On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:53:44 -0800
Michael Higgins <li...@evolone.org> wrote:

> IDK what happened. I rarely restart the server.
>
> Two cards, both share ac_97 module. via_82xx and ice_1712
>
> Has anyone had to fix this recent development? Any clues as to what
> changed under the hood?
>
> Cheers,

Well, I was able to rmmod ice_1712 and modprobe, restart alsa and use
it.

Does that give a clue to anyone? Anyone else on this list doing
multiple audio cards seeing them suddenly disappear, or whatever?
Probably I need to load them (the modules) with different/new options?

I'd love any feedback or suggestions as to how to fix this.

cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

alias char-major-116 snd

alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx

alias snd-card-1 snd_mpu401
alias sound-slot-1 snd_mpu401

alias snd-card-2 snd-ice1712
alias sound-slot-2 snd-ice1712

options snd cards_limit=2
options snd slots=snd-via82xx,snd_mpu401,snd-ice1712

Is there any way to guarantee that this setup will survive a reboot?

Cheers,