Am Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:14:32 -0200
schrieb luis jure <l...@internet.com.uy>:

> on 2011-02-26 at 15:47 Marc Joliet wrote:
>

> >According to the README file [0], udiskie uses consolekit to obtain
> >necessary permissions. That means that you need to emerge xfce4-session
> >with the use flags +consolekit.
>
> i recompiled xfce4-session with +consolekit, but the situation remains
> unchanged.
>

> >If it is not already the case, you will need to add consolekit to the
> >default runlevel.
>
> ditto.   :-(

Hmm, how do you start your xfce session? I assumed that Xfce comes with it's
own login manager, but I can't find any references to one (except in an email
from 2003 mentioning xfce-mcs-manager). The Gentoo Xfce guide only mentions
SLiM.

My understanding is that the session needs to register with the consolekit
daemon, which is done either by the login/display manager or with the help of
ck-launch-session. If you start Xfce via "startxfce4" then you need to preface
that with ck-launch-session, i.e. "ck-launch-session startxfce4". You can try
starting xfce that way from a shell outside of X.

For comparison, I have the following setup:
- consolekit installed with +pam +policykit
- slim as login manager with per-user .xinitrc
- in ~/.xinitrc, start my window manager with "exec ck-launch-session awesome"

One more random idea: maybe xfce4-session needs the policykit use flag set, too?
I really don't know if it's needed here, but you can try.

HTH
--
Marc Joliet