On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:34:02 +0000, Stroller wrote:

> > MythTV uses a perl script for the IMDB lookup, you could adapt that to
> > another setup. However, MythTV also handles all the database stuff. A
> > recording is a recording, whether copied from a TV card or a DVD.
>
> In referring to MythTV's "focus" one aspect I had in mind was that,
> last time I read about it, I think MythTV kept DVD rips in a separate
> menu hierarchy from TV. So if you want to look for an action movie, and
> you click on "TV" and browse through the videos there, you only see the
> TV recordings; you then have to exit out of TV and choose DVDs before
> you can browse what action genre DVDs you have stored.

It still keeps recordings separate from videos, and probably always will
as TV recordings don't have menus, multiple subtitle languages etc.

I was looking into using MythTV's DVD ripping and tagging capabilities
separately when I discovered that DVD ripping has been removed from the
latest release, so the whole discussion is moot.

--
Neil Bothwick

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.