On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 01:32:38 -0400 (EDT), Ian K wrote:

> I am getting an "Error 15"
> when grub loads. I booted in with a Gentoo Live CD
> and got the file, and am including it. I think the
> error 15 code is a syntax error, right? Here is
> the file. Let me know if you see a problem.

Error 15 is file nor found.

> title=.....::::: GentooLinux2.6.11-gentoo-r11
> :::::.....
> root (hd0,1)
> kernel /linux-2.6.11-gentoo-r11 root=/dev/hda4

Do you have a separate boot partition on /dev/hda2? That's where GRUB is
looking for the kernel.

If you posted the error message and some details of your partitioning,
you will get more informed advice.

> PS> Please note I like to make things look good,
> explaining the ..::..'s

It's best to make things work first, then make them look good. Do you
still get the error when you remove the eye candy from the config file?

--
Neil Bothwick

C Error #011: First C Program, huh?