Jacques Montier wrote:
Hi all,

I upgraded python2.6 to python2.7,
then i run eselect python set python2.7,
then python-updater.

Here is the python-updater output :

* Starting Python Updater...
  * Main active version of Python:  2.7
  * Active version of Python 2:     2.7
  * Active version of Python 3:     3.1
  *   Adding to list: app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs:0
  *   Adding to list: app-emulation/virtualbox-bin:0
  *   Adding to list: app-office/libreoffice-bin:0
  *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:1.42
  *     check: manual [Added to list manually, see CHECKS in manpage for
more information.]
  *   Adding to list: sys-libs/tdb:0
  *   Adding to list: x11-libs/vte:0
  *     check: manual [Added to list manually, see CHECKS in manpage for
more information.]
  * emerge -Dv1 --keep-going app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs:0
app-emulation/virtualbox-bin:0 app-office/libreoffice-bin:0
dev-libs/boost:1.42 sys-libs/tdb:0 x11-libs/vte:0
Ok, everything emerge fine.

If i run python-updater again, then i get exactly the same output as
before (emerging emul-linux-x86-baselibs:0, BOOST:1.42, etc...)

What's wrong ??

Thanks

That seems a bit odd but it depends on what you have installed. I have KDE on mine and it is in the process of rebuilding a little over 50 packages. Most of them are small except for OOo. Natuarally when anything gets updated that monster has to be recompiled. lol If you have KDE, I would think it would rebuild more than that. Also, it seems most of mine is @system packages. I would not reboot or logout yet just to be safe.

Anyone notice it wants to rebuild a binary on the OPs system?  Hmmm.

Dale

:-)  :-)