On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 08:57:41 +0200
Jean Magnan de Bornier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Le 06 août à 07:30:12 Jean Magnan de Bornier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrit
> notamment:
>

> Looking at the two necessary modules for kino:
> /dev/raw/raw1394 is in group disk, while /dev/dv1394-0 is in group root;
> (is this a feature of the gentoo installation?)

I don't see dv1394 in the udev rules.  That doesn't seem to have made it
yet.  So it's a missing feature.  It will need to be either created seperatly
as a rule.  Something like - 95-firewire.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d

> I put /dev/dv1394-0 in the disk group as well and now everything seems to
> be ok, unless there might be some side effect(s)?

It should be no problem.  Technically, it would go into group - video.

There is an example of how to setup a custom device, including the udev
rule at -

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Griffin_PowerMate_with_UDEV_and_Kernel_2.6.x

Bob
-