In linux.gentoo.user, Peter Humphries wrote:
> On Monday 28 March 2011 18:27:03 Elaine C. Sharpe wrote:
>
>> But yes, top posting does suck -- almost as badly as all the
>> "==20" crap polluting all the kmail users' messages. Almost.
>
> Would you mind sending me an example of this from me and my kmail?

Apparently not everyone who uses kmail has the problem.
Maybe it's the people who use html mail?
Neil Bothwick's posts often have the "==20", but usually just one or
two. Some posts are positively riddled with them, to the point of
being terribly difficult to parse.
Everytime I look at the headers of such a post it says kmail, but
not every kmail user has the problem.
It's also possible the nix-to-news gateway handles html poorly.
Obviously, slrn is not supposed to handle html (which is how I like
it). Overall the usenet experience of this list is poor, but of course
the content is extremely useful. I just don't want all the email, because
it'll end up on my phone and it'll cost me.

Probably in the end I'll just end up reading it in a web browser.
Lowest Common Denominator these days I guess...
**sigh**

--
...she kept arranging and rearranging the rabbit and kind of waving to it. I
decided, "this is the person I want to sit next to".