On 04/01/2011 08:09 AM, walt wrote:
I just updated from xorg-server-1.9 to 1.10, but even the newest beta
from nvidia
complains that 1.10 isn't supported yet for my video cards GeForce FX
5200 and
GeForce 6150SE.

Perhaps drivers for newer cards will work, but I don't know.

The good old nv driver still works with 1.10, happily.

The 270.30 drivers work for newer cards. It does look like Nvidia has been letting the legacy drivers slide though. I'm not sure how the legacy numbering system works, but the newest legacy driver seems to be from October.

Just to make sure though, as I forgot to to rebuild the drivers, and had evdev failures...you did rebuild your drivers x11-drivers?