* Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> [110402 01:15]:
> > dig you build php with an apache2 flag to enable the Apache module?
> >

> And you'll also need this in your httpd.conf;
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

70_mod_php5.conf in /etc/apache2/modules.d adds the handler for that
automatically when PHP5 is defined (and mod_mime.c is there.)

So doublecheck that php was built with the apache2 USE flag as mentioned
above.  I've rebuilt php after apache2 before to be sure the needed
modules are installed.

Also as mentioned make sure your APACHE2_OPTS in /etc/conf.d/apache2
uses -D PHP5 and not just PHP or PHP4.

And finally don't forget to restart apache after emerging php

Todd