Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:

>    Depending on what you are putting onto your RAID watch carefully
> what choices you make for SuperBlock type as well as being aware of
> possible md name changes between the install environment and your
> first real boot.

Nice to know.

(I think I'm going to stick with ext4 for now).
(BTRFS later...) I have 2 identical 2T seagate drives.
The main purpose is to run an php and apache
server  and use kde (kiosk) to display network status
using jffnms (graphical) and postgresql-9.

Raid 1 Mirroring for most if not all partitions.
Think of it as a station where everyone can view
the network conditions, as users, but I remote
admin the system. No logins except via the limited
kiosk  to just view/query the network, or a remote
connection to the server.

These Docs I listed are dated?
Gentoo.wiki.com is finally back up.  These
2 docs reference each other....

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Software_RAID_Install
and
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/RAID/Software

Which one is more accurate or the best one
to mostly follow? (that's what I'm trying to
figure out now.)

I do appreciate any and all feedback.

James

Which guide do you think is better, for my needs?