Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You can define the priority in your /etc/conf.d/net
>
> You can set this per wired/wireless interface; e.g.
>
> metric_eth0="100"
>
> Look at your /etc/conf.d/net.example for more details.
>
> HTH.

No offense, I had found out about this option (and tried it already):
"I found out I can modify the metric for the default route using metric_wlan0."

This however only changes the default route. Not the route for the local network
route.
Also metric_eth0 would give less priority to my wired network, which is not what
I want.

I was searching around the gentoo forums for ifmetric and found this piece of
code that can be added in /etc/conf.d/net:
postup() {
   local metric=0

   case "${IFACE}" in
      eth0) metric=0 ;;
      eth1) metric=1 ;;
   esac
   ifmetric "${IFACE}" "${metric}"

   return 0
}

I'll try as soon as I can and add my experience with this.