Hello.

I am having this issue since a couple of days ago.

When I press the win key (alone) I am taken back to VT, which is quite
annoying since I've used win+[123456] to go to the respective virtual
desktops for years.

I've tried downgrading xorg-server and it didn't work. I've also tried
to change mingetty (which I've been using for years as well) by
agetty, no change either.

If I restart the xdm service (I use kdm) then everything works as
expected and I can use the windows key for my bindings.

Any idea on where to start looking or how to diagnose this?

Thanks everyone.

--
Jesús Guerrero Botella