Mick wrote:
On Wednesday 20 April 2011 07:48:59 Dale wrote:
Mick wrote:
I just installed python 7 on an x86 box.  I switched to it and now
running revdep-rebuild which is asking for a number of packages to be
reinstalled.  It fails on kde-base/pykde4-4.4.5-r1:
Did you run python-updater?  If so, you may want to look at this bug:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/265984

It is a different version but appears to be the same problem.  It, at a
quick glance, appears sip needs to be re-emerged first.

Hope one of those helps.  If not, maybe someone else will have better
ideas.
Thanks Dale!  The suggestion in the bug fixed it nicely.  :-)

I am sure I did run python-updater, *however* I completed emerging pykde and
then run it again - 142 packages or something similarly large then emerged.

I unmerged python-2.6 and then run python-updater again, only 3 packages came
up this time.

Your welcome.  Glad to help.

Dale

:-)  :-)