deadeyes <gvm999 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> For logging in to servers we now use smartcards.
> For windows this works fine, however for Linux and Mac OS X it doesn't.

After waisting alot of time I found out the following things (I hope sooner or
later it will help someone else):
 - for smartcard using through rdesktop you don't need a driver for the card
 - you don't need to do anything with openct-tool/openct-control
 - If openct has started stop it and disable it, also kill all ifdhandler
processes, you don't need them
 - just use pcscd -d -f and then plug in your smartcard reader
 - When started you will see the light flashing on your smartcard reader
 - on 32 bit it seems to work fine.. however on my AMD64 it did not BUT....
 - setup a 32 bit chroot (as described in the gentoo chroot 32bit howto) and
emerge rdesktop (with smartcard support) and pcsc-lite. (or using quickpkg)
 - Now get the files from the package or from the 32bit chroot itself
(/usr/bin/rdesktop and /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.1) and copy them over to your 64
bit environment. I recommend putting /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.1 in /usr/lib32/ on
your 64bit environment. (Do note that everything else is 64 bit, so your
driver/bundle for openct as well)

I'll add any further info if necessary.