Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Sunday 01 May 2011 15:21:04 Dale wrote:
Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Saturday 30 April 2011 19:53:21 Dale wrote:
Adam Carter wrote:
      I use nfs about twice/year to transfer large files between
      machines -- so
      I'm quite an expert at praying to the computer gods to
      "please
      let
      this nfs
      mount work just this one last time and I'll never bother
      you
      again, I promise!"

      I'm lying, of course, because I intend to do it again six
      months
      from now.

Why not just use scp of sftp since its so infrequent?
New can of worms.  o_O
scp is fucking easy to do. Even easier: pure-ftpd.
Yea, like using hal.  lol  I used scp a few times.  Figuring out how to
get it to work was like pulling teeth.

It did work once I got it figured out.

Dale

:-)  :-)
have sshd running
read man scp
done

That was what I did.  Still not always so simple tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)