On 2011-05-04 18:28, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I am looking for a Tool to check PDF files against the PDF/X-3:2002
> standard that some printing vendors seem to request in case of providing
> vector sources.
>
> The tool needs to
>
>  1) be free software as defined by the FSF [1], and
>
>  2) work on Linux.
>

> Has anyone seen such a thing?

Sorry, haven't seen such a thing but can't they (the printing vendors)
accept postscript as well? I know some (academic) publishers requires
you to use specially formatted TeX templates which, of course, is not
the same thing but I would be surprised if the printshop wouldn't accept
postscript since the resulting dvi files (from the *TeX output) are
usually translated to postscript (or maybe I'm behind the times...).
Postscript is a vector format (all text, figures and pictures [if the
picture source is in vector format] are made up of lines and bezier curves).

HTH

Best regards

Peter K