On 05/05/2011 07:13 AM, Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:

2011/5/5 Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com <mailto:michaelkintz...@gmail.com>>

    On Thursday 05 May 2011 03:00:23 Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
     > Hello!
     >
     > I just installed a Gentoo box and i am having a bizarre problem (bizarre
     > for me at least), i'd like to point that the only solution i have found
so
     > far (attempt to modify some eclass) is way beyond the limit of
complexness
     > that i am used to so if there is another way i would really appreciate if
     > anyone pointed it out for me
     >
     > And in case it is not obvious, i am pretty much of a rookie regardind
     > gentoo and linux in general
     >
     > anyway, thanks in advance!!!
     >
     > The thing is that emerging mirrorselect has the following outcome:
     >
     > * QA Notice: libdialog.la <http://libdialog.la> appears to contain
PORTAGE_TMPDIR paths
     >  * ERROR: dev-util/dialog-1.1.20100428 failed:
     >  *   soiled libtool library files found

    Hmm ... I don't know why this is caused, but I would run:

      emerge --oneshot -av libtool

    and then

      revdep-rebuild -v -- --ask
    --
    Regards,
    Mick

I tried to emerge libtool and i detected some seriously weird behaviour, emerge
configures libtool over an over in an infinite loop...

this is where the process resets:

running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash /bin/bash ./configure --prefix=/usr
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var/lib build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu
host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -pipe LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
-Wl,--as-needed CXXFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -pipe FFLAGS= FCFLAGS= --no-create
--no-recursion
## -------------------------- ##
## Configuring libtool 2.2.10 ##

checking for gawk... gawk

if i don't interrupt it just keep going, i think there is something seriously
wrong with my system...

You said you just installed gentoo.  Have you ever emerged any package on that
machine
before?  That is, was it working okay and then something broke it?

What version of python are you using -- you may have version 2.x and version
3.x.
If so, you should be using python 2.x when emerging things.