On Sun, 8 May 2011 23:28:39 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
> On Mon, 9 May 2011 00:17:42 +0200, pat wrote:
>
> > I've bought USB scanner CanoScan LiDE210 which is listed with status
> > "complete" on sane-project. The driver backend name is "genesys".
> >
> > I've followed the instructions on [1]. The "sane-find-device -q" finds
> > my scanner as:
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190a [CanoScan],
> > chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:006
> >
> > But when trying to use "xsane" or "scanimage -L" ends with information
> > that there's not a scanner device.
>
> What happens when you run scanimage -L as root? When I've seen this
> problem before, it was caused by permissions in /dev/usb.

Hi,

Nothing :-( Same output as for user: "No scanners were identified. If you were
expecting something different, check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on
and detected by the sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the
documentation which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages)."

     Pat

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/