Mike Edenfield wrote:

This means that your UTF-8 setup is clearly *not* working :) Your locale
is not being set anywhere, it's using the glibc default of POSIX. POSIX
is approximately equal to en_US as far as date/time, sorting, etc. but
lacks most of the numeric formatting (no currency symbol, no thousands
separator, etc). It's also using the default US-ASCII character set.

--Mike

Does this look more better?

root@fireball / # locale
LANG=en_US.UTF8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF8"
LC_ALL=
root@fireball / # locale -a
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
POSIX
root@fireball / #

LC_PAPER, is that like paper in my printer? What the heck does it want my phone number, address and other stuff for? Some of that I get but some is just plain nosy. O_O

Dale

:-)  :-)