Hi Neil,

On 8/8/05, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:00:49 +0100, Michael Kintzios wrote:

> Well, it has been practical enough for *my* needs.  For a while I was
> running Gentoo on a small partition and having run aground on a couple
> of cases with a seized system during some mammoth emerge, I decided to
> set up a separate /usr partition.

You don't need to add partitions, because portage isn't hard coded to use
any particular partitions. If you run out of space during emerges, you
only have to change $PORTAGE_TMPDIR to somewhere with more space
than /var. Equally, you can change $DISTDIR to reduce the amount of space
used in /usr/portage, you could even change it to a FAT32 partition of
your Windows installation has more free space than Gentoo.

So I can point them both to the FAT32 partition and get 1Gb back (when not emerging) to gentoo's system.. that's interesting! That could help me until I find a real solution to the mess on my pc... :)