Adam Carter <adamcarter3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The same email address works, if
> I cut and past it into the "To" field of thunderbird.
> All other email address work just fine from thunderbird.

> Yes the auth message is bogus because you dont use different SMTP servers per
> email message, and the auth message is only being triggered on a particular
> message. Other messages work fine (- did i get that right James?)

Well yes. ALL responses I try in Craigslist do this, as well as other sites
where you click and printed email address and the message pops us. Not just
a singular email address but every message of a particular type. Here is
another page with the same problem; but yet I can copy the email address
into the "to" field on a thunderbird message and it goes through just fine.

http://king.mysdhc.org/Admin2?plugin=RWD&Templates=RWD&object=/FACULTY CONTACT
LIST &infobar=no&ConfPosition=2

> As a  troubleshooting step - have you tried a new profile? IIRC the
> windows version has a profile manager, if the linux version doesnt
> have the same then just move the .thunderbird directory so it
> will re-create it with defaults when you launch it again.

Well I'll copy the .thunderbird file to a new dir (so I can browse it later)
and see how this works.....

James