On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/27 Andrés Becerra Sandoval <andres.bece...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Recently, perhaps a week ago, my kde-4.6.3 system stopped detecting
>> storage devices when inserted (CDs, DVDs, USB sticks) on a ~x86
>> system. Devices are not detected in dolphin, nor in  the device
>> notifier applet.
>>
>> Is really strange, because my laptop (a ~amd64 system) has the same
>> kde packages and is working fine.
>>
>> Is there anybody suffering the same problem?
>
> Is it detected by kernel/udev? If it is then maybe it's a udisks
> problem. Did you emerge a new version lately? Policy changes?
>
> Assuming you're not still using HAL (in that case try to restart hald).

No, I am not using HAL, (I even have useflag -hal).

kernel and udev must be working fine because "solid-hardware list" and
"udisks --enumerate" show the partitions in a USB memory recently
inserted.

If I do: udisks --mount /dev/sdb1
the partition gets mounted !

If I do: solid-hardware mount /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdb1
I get the error:  Error: /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdb1 has no
interface StorageAccess.

I have re-emerged solid, solid-runtime and udisks, and the problem persists.

--
  Andrés Becerra Sandoval