* Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> [110528 12:43]:
> After seeing an older thread asking about a router, I figured I'd ask my
> own question...
>
> I'm looking for a cheap but reliable router that has decent and SIMPLE
> way to add VLANs (I'm not a CISCO guy and don't want to have to become
> one)...
>
> Specifically, I want to have one VLAN that my wireless access points are
> plugged into, to provide ONLY internet access, and then a separate VLAN
> for my internal network...
>
> This is to protect my internal net from any potentially infected
> machines that are on the wireless access points (I routinely work on
> infected computers for friends/family, so, I need internet access, but
> want them isolated from my internal network).
>
> Anyone? Will one of the FLOSS builds for the cheap Cable/DSL routers
> support VLANs on the different built-in router ports (ie, Tomato, DD-WRT
> or OpenWRT)?
>
> Looking forward to any suggestions/ideas...

Hi, I'm pretty sure OpenWRT supports VLANs.

I started using it on a Buffalo WHR-G300N (I think, not at home to check
right now.)  Cheap and I didn't expect much but it works great (far
better than any Linksys or trendnet products I've purchased and run
their firmware on.)

I'd highly recommend it.

Todd