On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 06:22 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
> Pupeno wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I am tryngi to get suspend to ram working on my IBM Thinkpad G40 but I can't
> >get it to turn on agan. I am able to put it on suspend with klaptop, by
> >hand,
> >or by closing it and this script:
> >http://www.hardeman.nu/~david/thinkpad.php#suspend
> >But it never comes up, wehn I open it it makes some noices (the HD working)
> >but the monitor is never turned on.
> >Any ideas ?
> >

> I have this problem with my Sager laptop and software suspend 2 unless I
> add "noapic" to the kernel boot options.  I would say try "noapic"
> and/or "pci=routeirq", and see if it helps.

This could be a Video card issue in which it's not being POSTed on
resume. I have this same issue on my laptop. LCD just wouldn't come back
up. I use suspend2 now. (Hibernate to disk. See Edition 1 of MyOSS
Magazine http://mag.my-opensource.org which gives you a rundown of the
features

--
Ow Mun Heng