Alan McKinnon wrote:
So that's what you look like :-)  I had a ... very different ... mental
picture (also a complete fiction).

There's no public photos on your page though :-(

And what's that gigantic gate over the river behind you in the profile pic?
Looks a bit like the sea wall gates on the Thames.

You thought I was some old geezer with gray hair huh? lol Hmmm, I do have some of those tho. It's not as funny now. :-( The thing behind me is a lock and dam. The locks are on the other side so you can't see those. Tthat is where boats and barges go through to navigate the river. The part behind me is the dam with gates. It's sort of like flood control I guess. When it rains a lot, they open them up wide. There is a large amount of water going through there at times. Sometimes it is so much they won't let anyone get close to it. People can fish there tho. You just loose a lot of bait in those huge rocks.

I made some of the pictures public now. Try it again and see if you can see more. Mostly me, puter stuff and my garden. Yea, I live in the sticks. The puter pics are of the new rig I built a while back and am currently typing on. That's my Gentoo rig. Folks that have been on here a while know I just got DSL a year or so ago. I was on dial-up before that. It took 2 to 3 days just to download the new KDE stuff. Let's not talk about downloading the CD's and such. Awww heck, let's do. That takes about a week to get if it is not to big. A full CD takes about a week and a half at times. DSL is MUCHO better. lol

If you want to add me as a friend on there, let me know you are from here. I don't add just anybody. Keeps the spam down. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)