Le 09 août à 18:51:15 Jose Gonzalez Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrit notamment:

| Hi there,

Hi Jose,

| I currently have a DSL connection with a fixed IP using a DSL router,
| with an internal network of 4 computers with private DHCP IPs (except
| the server, with fixed private IP). Now I'm considering changing to
| another provider with dynamic IPs. I have three domains hosted in my
| SOHO server (let's say example1.com, example2.com and example3.com)
| including mail for two of them. The questions are:
|
| 1. Which dynamic DNS provider do you prefer and why (I would prefer a free
one)?

www.zoneedit.com

I won't say I prefer it, I only tried this one and never felt the need to
change; it is free

| 2. Which is the best dynamic DNS client available in Gentoo,

I believe ddclient is the standard client; it works like a charm; the
config file already has it all set up for dynsys.org or zoneedit.org, so
it's fairly easy; it can be on any of your computers, ie not necessarily
on the router - of course it has to be awake all the time though.

| taking
| into accout that it must be able to discover the DSL router's
| dynamically assigned IP and connect with the chosen provider?

Well, what else would you expect of such a program? :- )

cheers
--
  Jean Magnan de Bornier             |        Cours Victor Hugo
  e-mots: jean at bornier.net        |        13980 Alleins   France