* kashani <kashani-l...@badapple.net> [110606 19:37]:
> On 6/6/2011 4:31 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Apparently, though unproven, at 01:01 on Tuesday 07 June 2011, James did
> > opine
> > thusly:
> >
> >> Ju want closet commando action? Check out some of my old
> >> college buddies from Alaska:
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tza2L6kfl8E&feature=youtu.be
> >>
> >> PEACE (through superior firepower)
> >> is the Alaskan motto....
> >

> > WTF is that thing the ladies are firing at 1:25 and 4:25? I'll hazard a
> > guess
> > at the calibre - 18mm?
> >
> > And I thought the RPG7s we played with back in the day were impressive....
>
> .50 cal or 12.9mm. It's single shot bolt action so it's likely some
> variation of the Barret M82 rifle though there are other systems. $6-8 a
> round to shoot or maybe as low as $3 if you're using reloads.
>
> kashani

The M82 is a 10-rd, box magazine, semi auto, not a bolt action.

It could be a Ferret (bolt action .50 upper on an AR-15 lower) or
similar.

And ammo prices have come back down after people realized the best gun
salesman in the world (Obama) wasn't going to immediately try to push
new anti-self-defense regulations.

Todd