On Thursday 16 June 2011 10:28:47 Cahn Roger wrote:
> > Can you get hold of a PCI* NIC to try, it will appear as eth1.
>
> Excuse me, I don't understand what you mean " get hold of a PCI* NIC"  :-(
>
> A lspci gives:
>
> 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E
> Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 12)

What Cahn Roger means is, can you get hold of a network card that is not
included on your mainboard?
In other words, can you test using a new network card that you built into the
computer?

Can you try checking the BIOS settings to see if there is something there that
might cause problems with the network device on the mainboard?

Based on all the information provided already, there is a very good chance
that the network card on your mainboard is no longer working correctly.
I am, to be honest, hoping that it is caused by interference of the printer or
by a BIOS setting.

--
Joost