For some reason I've never before had to fool with update-modules
because all my needed kernel modules just load by magic when I boot.

Now I'm fiddling with a virtualbox gentoo guest on a gentoo host,
and the vboxvideo kernel module is not loading 'by magic' in the
guest machine.

So, how to do it?  When I edit /etc/conf.d/modules to include the
vboxvideo module and run update-modules -f -v I see:

"No need to generate modprobe.conf
 Skipping /etc/modprobe.conf generation (generate-modprobe.conf
 doesn't exist)"

True enough, generate-modprobe.conf doesn't exist any longer on
my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines.

I'm running openrc-0.8.2-r1, baselayout-2.0.3, and module-init-tools-
3.16-r1.

Which HOWTO do I need to read to get myself up-to-date :)

Many thanks for any clues.