--- Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
> Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth the only command listed above
> that
> > shows my external drive is this:
> >
> > baby ~ # cdrecord -scanbus
> > [...]
> > scsibus2:
> >         2,0,0   200) 'TOSHIBA ' 'CD/DVDW SD-R5372'
> 'TU53' Removable CD-ROM
>
> Then you should be able to burn CDs using "cdrecord
> dev=2,0,0".
>

> -hwh
> --

I tried writing the last backup CD image I made to a
CD using the command:

cdrecord dev=2,0,0
aby-backup-07-31-05--08-06-05-01.iso

I had a blank CD-R disc in the drive when I usued the
command.  It failed.  I tried three different blank
CD-Rs.  Each time it failed with a different error
code.  Could it be tripping over the fact that I'm
trying to write to a CD-R in a DVD-RW drive?   The box
the drive came in said that it could do DVD+R, DVD-R,
DVD-DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW and
CD-ROM.  Could it be the driver that cdrecord is
trying to use?