meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  [11-07-03 03:08]:
Grant wrote:
Is Nvidia still the way to go instead of ATI?  I use the nouveau
drivers with my onboard Nvidia chipset now and they've been fine for
the most part.  I use a threaded ffmpeg to decode HD video instead
of
VDPAU so I don't bother with nvidia-drivers.

- Grant

I don't have any experience with ATI but I still use Nvidia and their
drivers.  I haven't had any problems as of yet.  I did have a video
problem
once but it was a kernel problem.  For me, I see no need in me
getting a ATI
card.  That's just me.

Dale

I've just read that Nvidia no longer makes onboard video.  Has anyone
else heard that?

Are server motherboard more reliable?

- Grant

I looked around on newegg and found that there are several mobos that
have Nvidia video built in.  It seems they do still make them.  I'm not
sure if the video or mobos are any that you would like but they are
being made at least.

Me, I tend to buy video cards.  They have upgrade options without
having to put in a new mobo.  YMMV tho.

No idea on server boards. I would think they would be more reliable
tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)

I prefer overclocker boards and dont overclock them. Most of them
have a better heat dissipation and the PCB has a better layout
HF-wise.

Only my two cent...you currency may vary ;)

Best regards
mcc

I have a Cooler Master HAF932 case. Cooling is not a issue here. BTW, I have a Gigabyte board that is overclockable. I have huge heatsinks in case I decide to but mostly just like to keep everything cool. Oh, no water here either. I don't even have drinks around my rig so why put water into it. o_O

Dale

:-)  :-)