Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2011, 16:18:46 schrieb Jens Reinemuth:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i'm totally stuck with an installation of a server using SoftwareRAIDs (10)
> with an adaptec aic79xx Controller...
>
> I thought that perhaps the drivers must be corrupted, but i found some
> (older) howtos that described you should be using metadata=0.9.0 at least
> on the boot and root partitions. Is this still an issue with actual
> kernels?
>
> regards,
>
> Jens

Omfg... Facepalm!!!

Totally ignorant i really did genkernel with initramfs, added dodmraid as
parameter, ...

Should have simply done a genkernel --help, which showed up the "mdadm"
parameter :-(

After doing this - and changing the mdadm.conf a litte bit - everything works
as expected... Ok, not everything - should remove all the unneeded modules
from kernel which i added to locate the error.

Thanx a lot to all,

Jens