After several years, I am not getting around to upgrading my wireless router -
from a Linksys WRT54G to a Cisco Linksys E4200.
While I am at it, I am also considering getting a new wireless card for my D600
laptop to at least augment the internal b43-legacy supported Broadcom 43xx card
that generally works, but is also a pain to keep working.

While it's easy to find a USB Wireless card, I'm not really interested in them
-
the form factor is generally prone to breaking and my D600 laptop only has two
USB-ports (its main flaw), one of which I use for a USB mouse when its not in
the docking station - when it is, I can't use either as they are both in the
back and blocked by the docking station - so a USB wireless is kind of
problematic as I would then have to take it out to dock the laptop (undesirable
to say the least).

So that leaves me with using one of the open PCMCIA card slots. I have two
wired
PCMCIA adapters, useful mostly for multi-network and diagnostics; so the slots
are open.

I'd like to keep the cost down - $50 USD or less; and am pretty open to
different brands. However, I've found the lookups - at least linuxwireless.org
-
to be a little troublesome in identifying to actual cards, so I'm looking for
some good recommendations.

Thus far I've looked at:

Cisco-Linksys WPC600N
Cisco-Linksys WEC600N
Cisco-Linksys WPC300N

But I haven't been able to determine if they are supported under Linux.
Open to other suggestions too - so long as PCMCIA compatible.

Thanks,

Ben