From: Albert Hopkins <mar...@letterboxes.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:02:45
To: <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm

On Saturday, July 16 at 01:24 (+0100), john said:

> I am running a gentoo amd64 qemu-kvm virtual image on my gentoo amd64
> box.
>
> Everything is running well. Machine boots up and all looks to be ok.
>
> When I startx the screen goes purple (on guest) and locks up. The only
> error message I get is on host.
>
> KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
>
> I would guess this is a graphics issue but not entirely sure.
>
> I have tried -vga cirrus, std, vmware but all have the same effect.
>
> I have emerged these in guest as xorg-drivers.
>
> Any suggestions!

I use kvm, though most of my guests are headless or just text mode.. but
i did just try booting systemrescuecd into X and all was well.

question:

      * What verison of qemu-kvm are you runing
      * which kernel
      * Have you tried other guests (such as systemrescuecd)?

Seems to work for me (with the cirrus emulator).

-a