On 01/-10/37 11:59, Grant wrote:
--snip--
>> The TV is an LG 47LH90 and and it is said to do 1080p.  I looked for
>> ghosting in 16:9 mode instead of Just Scan mode and strangely the
>> shadows are there, but they're oriented top and bottom instead of left
>> and right.  I can take another photo if anyone would like to see.
>>
>> Why do I need to select Just Scan in order to prevent all 4 edges of
>> the screen from being cut off?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> BTW I think you're on to something Stroller because the overall
> picture is definitely improved in 16:9 mode compared to Just Scan
> mode.  I just need to figure out how to prevent the edges of the
> screen from being cut off.
>
> - Grant

Grant,

By default most TVs overscan inputs due to broadcast signals at the
edges as the picture there is not well defined and can have white
overscan lines and such. The TV compensates by overscanning which
basically zooms in on the picture making (on my 46" Samsung TV) the
outer 1-1.5" of the picture disappear.

On my TV it was fairly simple to turn this off, I just had to label the
HDMI input as "DVI PC" and it automatically turned off any picture
processing/overscanning. Yours may be similar.

Sorry if there's typos, I have a bandaged finger and it's a PITA to type
with. I think I fixed all of them.

Dan