I ran into an out of memory problem.  The first mention of it in the
kernel log is "mysqld invoked oom-killer".  I haven't run into this
before.  I do have a swap partition but I don't activate it based on
something I read previously that I later found out was wrong so I
suppose I should activate it.  Is fstab the way to do that?  I have a
commented line in there for swap.

Can anyone tell how much swap this is:

/dev/sda2           80325     1140614      530145   82  Linux swap / Solaris

If it's something like 512MB, that may not have prevented me from
running out of memory since I have 4GB RAM.  Is there any way to find
out if there was a memory leak or other problem that should be
investigated?

- Grant